Bellevue Fire Ignited By Cigarette Butts - FOX 42: Omaha News, Sports and Weather; |

Bellevue Fire Ignited By Cigarette Butts

Posted: Updated:

BELLEVUE (KPTM)- Bellevue firefighters battled a blaze Thursday afternoon at the Brent Village apartment complex in high winds.

"We got lucky that the fire was on the south side of the building with the winds out of the north. I think it may have caused the spread with winds this strong it  could have created some wind inside a space between the walls but if it were on the other side of the building we would have had a far bigger problem," said Kurt Strachota, Bellevue Fire Department Battalion Chief.

Damage is estimated at $35,000.00

The cause of the fire was cigarette butts that were left in a hallway.

Powered by WorldNow

General Information:

Phone: 402-554-4282
Fax: 402-554-4279

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KPTM. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.